As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
If you’re looking to make things a little more interesting when playing darts, why not try mixing darts and drinking. In most cases, it turns out to be the classic combination, and can be great among a group of friends.
In which case, we’ve listed three of the best darts drinking games and how to play them, which should keep you entertained for hours.
Before we begin, be sure that you drink responsibly. We can’t be held responsibly for any darting injuries!
Darts Drinking Game #1
In order to play this game, you’ll need the following:
- A dartboard
- Six darts
- A Spirit of your choice
- Shot glasses
This can is best played with between 2-4 players. With four players, you can make two teams. If you have any friends who are particularly good at darts you may want them on your team for this one.
On the other hand, if you’re not the best player among your friends, be prepared for a sore head in the morning!
Rules to Follow:
To start this game, one player from each team throws a dart
- The player whose dart lands closest to bullseye wins the first round. As a result, the loser has to drink a shot.
- The player who won the first round will then get the chance to throw three darts. They must hit either the single, double or treble of the numbers between 15-20 on the board. If the dart fails to hit any of these areas, take a drink.
- If you hit the three sections of each of these numbers, it “closes out” and that number isn’t the part of your game anymore
- After closing out a number, any additional hits on this number will require the thrower to take a drink
How the Game Ends
The game ends if the numbers 15-20, as well as the bullseye, are “closed out.” To which the losing team will have to take a shot.
Darts Drinking Game # 2
This is another fun-filled dart drinking game, which you can enjoy with as many player as you like.
Number of Players
There is no specific number of players, which can play this game. However, you do need at least four players.
How to Play
In order to play this game, fill up those shot glasses and place them under the dartboard. Each glass should represent a random number which appears on the board. This will allow the players to choose one glass for each of them.
Each player will then take turns to throw one dart. With any dart that lands on a number on the board, which also represents a shot. You guessed it; take a drink!
When the Game Ends
The game ends when you run out of alcohol, or you can no longer see the board..
Darts Drinking Game # 3
This is one is probably our favorite. The name of the game being Beer Darts. For this game, you’ll need some steel tip darts and beer cans.
Although there are numerous variations of this game, the basic theme behind this game is throwing a dart at your opponent’s beer can. The cans are placed on the ground and close to the feet of the players. If a dart hits the can, you can ask the opponent player to do any task as mentioned in the rules.
How to Play
The players should sit in a circle with one can of beer in front of them. Following are the rules that the player must follow when playing this game.
- A minimum of two players can play this game
- When a dart hits your can and doesn’t puncture it, you must take a sip of beer
- If the dart of the opponent player punctures your can, you must drink the whole can
- If your can falls down and doesn’t get punctured, once again, you just have to take a sip of beer
- If a player scores a kill shot and punctures the beer can, the players can who was hit, should drink their entire beer.
Playing a darts is always fun. But, introducing alcohol provides a great time that can provide you and your friends with hours of fun. You can play this darts drinking game at a bar or even at your home.
As you know, it takes extreme focus to play a good game of darts. Therefore, by adding alcohol to the equation, makes it that much more difficult and unpredictable.
As a result, players will make more mistakes, results in more alcohol. From there, it all begins to get a little blurry if you ask me!
So, next time you’re hanging around with friends, at home or in the pub. Don’t forget to try out any of the games we’ve mentioned above.
Nevertheless, if you’re looking for more darts games to play without the need for alcohol. Check out our post on a list of the best dart games.
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc, or its affiliates.